It’s another beautiful day here @ MD Anderson! Here’s a quick update on the patient, three days post-surgery.
- Today is better than yesterday.
- Had a good night’s sleep.
- Still weak and tired.
- Pain management is under control — the epidural was only working on one side yesterday, which happens occasionally.
- Hemoglobin level was low yesterday from some post-op internal bleeding; received an early evening red blood cell transfusion. It worked, the bleeding stopped and was able to avoid “the return to surgery” party.
- Today’s forecast calls for a few laps around the nurses’ station and a menu of broth and popsicles. Jello is the stretch-goal. Lime is preferred.
- This weekend, brother and sis-in-law are driving down with the girls for a weekend visit.