Just got back from M.D. Anderson Cancer Center after spending two days in lovely Houston. After slogging through my 5th CT scan this year (I’m developing an aversion to them), I am happy to report that the worrisome spots in my liver are GONE! No metastasis to the liver! It appears that the questionable spots that showed up in July were side effects of the chemo as my liver is working overtime to process all of this cytotoxic waste.
Another bit of good news – my second tumor (in my peritoneal cavity) is continuing to shrink. Before chemo was started in May, the second tumor was 7.5 cm in diameter. In July, it was 3.5 cm. As of yesterday, it is down to 2.5 cm. Great progress!
So here’s the new plan:
- Two more weeks of chemo since my doctors think I’m holding up really well for this aggressive chemo regimen. Last dose on 9/14.
- Then a two-week break from chemo.
- Will have laparoscopic surgery to look around in the peritoneal cavity for other cancer spots that may be undetectable by CT scan. Tentatively scheduled for 10/1 at MDA.
- Depending on what they find, I will have major surgery to remove the tumor and anything else that looks suspicious. Tentatively scheduled for 10/15 or possibly the following week.
- All surgery dates to be confirmed next week.
Who knows what will happen after that. I’m not out of the woods by any means. I’m just so thankful and ecstatic that there is no cancer in my liver!
Thank you so much for all your positive energy, good vibes and prayers! It means so much to me and the whole family.